cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Limiting the data displaying in chart

Hello Experts,

I need some help in limiting the data in the charts. I created a straight table chart.When the user opens the document in access point the straight table will load 2 million records. Is there a way that when the user opens the report every time in access point  it would have the data for just a month by default and after which the user can make their own selections?

Any help would be highly appreciated..

Thanks

Heera

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If the users opens the QVW using the IE plugin, you can use an OnOpen trigger with Select - Select in field action to select the month.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If the users opens the QVW using the IE plugin, you can use an OnOpen trigger with Select - Select in field action to select the month.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the quick reply. I did try the solution you have suggested, but what if the user is on Ajax Plugin?

Thanks

Heera

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How is it going to be for Ajax Plugin

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI,

The above approach would be the quickest method. you can find the option in

Settings > document properities > Triggers.

In the top select OnOpen.

Another option is to set the fields to have always have one selected, on the year and month field.

Another option is to set the table to have calculated condition, where it only calculates when > x amount of rows returned and give a error please make a selection?

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mark,

I have read somewhere that Ajax Plugin wont support triggers, in that case how can we have that triggers in Ajax plugin. I have used you suggestion of having calculating condition for the chart and its working.

Thanks....

Heera