Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line Chart Avg Problems

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to Qlikview and need your help.

I have a field that calculates the average of disk used per day. The expression that I used to create that value is : Total Disk – avg(Free Disk) . I have the total Disk and Free Disk values in a table.

I want to create a line chart that shows me the evolution of my Disk per day. It have to show the average per day even when I don’t select an specific day and only for example the month.

It works fine if only the day is selected but if I choose only the moth it gives me the average for the month instead of showing in that moth the average values per day.

Day is my dimension and my expressions are total disk, available disk and used disk.

I already tried these expressions but they didn’t work.

=rangeavg(above((useddisk),0,rowno()))

= Aggr(avg(useddisk),Day)

Problem.png

Can you help ?

Best Regards,

Joana

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Did you try just this?

Avg(useddisk)

Not applicable
Author

Yes. I tried just Avg(useddisk) the results were the same. It gives the same line chart that I posted before.

Best Regards,

Joana

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where we can see the issue? and explain what you want to see

Not applicable
Author

I can't share a sample. But i will try to explain what I want to do.

I have listboxes with year, quarter, month, week and day. I want to create a line chart that shows the evolution of my available disk and used disk. When the user select only the year the chart will show the evolution per quarter. When they select year and quarter the line chart will show the evolution per moth. Selecting year, quarter and month, will show the in the line chart per week.

I thik that one off the issue is that I have per day different values of available disk, and because of that I have to calculate the average. So my disk used is calculated this way: Total Disk minus avg(Available disk).

I think that I have to make changes in the dimensions and in the expressions.

Can you help ?

I'm new to Qlikview and english is not my native language.

Best Regards,

Joana