Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greend21
Creator III
Creator III

Line Chart Stops with 0's

Hi,

I recreated an excel line chart in Qlikview. I have full accumulation on but the one line stops because there are 0's in the data. Is there a way to get it to continue like the excel version?

Excel:

QV: Notice the purple line stops because 8, 9, and 10 have 0 in the source data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It looks like this was just a case of needing to uncheck suppress zero-values on the presentation tab. I thought I had tried this before but I guess not.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share your expression your are using may be you can do something like in your script.

LOAD Field1, Field2, IF(Value = 0, Previous(Value), Value) AS yourExprValue

From yoursource;

If you can share your script we can look into it. Not tried but you can do something like above. Please share more information if possible.

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

num(If(isnull(avg(OCMonthPctColl)), '0', avg(OCMonthPctColl)), '#,##0%')  This is what is currently there and is what I tried to use to replace a possible null value.

If I used the previous value it would continue to show an upward trend on the line when it should show flat instead.

Also, I just remembered I figured out Qlikview is treating these as missing, not null.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share some sample data to look into please?

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Here you go. Not sure if it makes a difference but my load uses a crosstable function.

Table1:
CrossTable(OCMonthNum, OCMonthPct, 3)
LOAD OCMonthPlacedCompany,
OCMoOverallPerformance,
SysCd,
[Same],
[1 Month],
[2 Months],
[3 Months],
[4 Months],
[5 Months],
[6 Months],
[7 Months],
[8 Months],
[9 Months],
[10+ Months]
FROM $(vQVDPath)OCMonths.qvd (qvd)
Where 1 = 1 

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It looks like this was just a case of needing to uncheck suppress zero-values on the presentation tab. I thought I had tried this before but I guess not.