Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line break in field title

Hey,

Right now, my field title displays as "Title Subtitle", but i'd like it to display as "Title [line break] Subtitle" so that the Subtitle only appears when I hover my pointer over the field box's title. In order to do this, I've been trying to create a variable as follows: set var= 'title' & chr(13) & 'subtitle' and then use SQL select item as var. This isn't working however, and I'm not sure why. The error message we receive is:  Incorrect syntax near '&'.

We would really appreciate any help!

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Stephen

Where do you wish to display this field title ?

In something like row headers on a Table Object or something else ?

Possible methods depend on where / how you wish to display it ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response! I'd like to display the field title in a list box.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Stephen

In your List Box properties, Presentation tab under Multiline Settings would ticking Wrap Cell Text help ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is easy if you have Title and Subtitle as the separate fields in one table.  List box should be calculated, using expression:

Title & chr(10) & Subtitle

Not applicable
Author

The Wrap Cell option seems to create two lines for the data rather than the title. Is there any way to apply that only to the title?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Stephen

When you say 'title' with regards to a List Box do you mean the Caption at the top of the List Box ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Yep

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think it would be cumbersome to have the linebreak as part of the fieldname.

You can just change the Title property of the listbox to include the line break. Press the elipse button next to the Title property to enter the Expression Editor and enter:

Title

SubTitle

-Rob

akshaykhiste
Contributor
Contributor

Now we have feature to make chart header in multiple lines, in chart properties -> Presentation -> Multiline settings

Multiline.jpg