Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Line chart 2 expressions

Hi All,

I have a line chart which has 2 dimensions right now:

1. date

2. types of queries (i only want 5 here.. insert, select, update, delete and create)

this graph gives me a total count of these different types of queries.

Now i want to extend this graph into showing me two lines. One which gives me a count of types of queries (which it already is) and the 2nd line should show me a total of all the queries (every type, not only limited to the 5 mentioned above).

I tried a lot of cominations, somehow i cannot get the 2 lines on the same graph.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I think of a set expression like:

=sum({<event = {'select'}+{'insert'}+{'delete'}+{'create'}+{'update'}>} daily_count)

to sum up all daily_count only for that type of events.

Alternatively, you could reuse your if statement of the calculated dimension of your other graph

sum (if(event=........, event))

See also attached sample (you got a trendline for total, I haven't touched that).

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

maybe something like

=count( total <date> Queries)

?

You might add a {1} if you want to disregard selection also:

=count({1} total <date> Queries)

Could you post a screenshot? I am curious how a linegraph looks like with that kind of dimension then.

Regards,

Stefan

P.S:

At best, you could also post a small application demonstrating your problem, that almost ever helps to get a quick solution.

Not applicable
Author

So here is the app.

its got 3 graphs.

the graph on the right shows a total count of ALL the statement(query) types.

the 2 graphs on the left are:

1. all queries and their total

2. 5 specific query types and their total

So on the main grapdh (the one on the right - daily count), i want to have 2 lines:

1. showing total of all query types

2. showing total of selected 5 query types.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I think of a set expression like:

=sum({<event = {'select'}+{'insert'}+{'delete'}+{'create'}+{'update'}>} daily_count)

to sum up all daily_count only for that type of events.

Alternatively, you could reuse your if statement of the calculated dimension of your other graph

sum (if(event=........, event))

See also attached sample (you got a trendline for total, I haven't touched that).

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

this works great!

thanks!