Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Lines are used instead of symbols in chart

Here is a simple problem. I am plotting data in a line chart, but in Properties | Expressions | Display Options I check 'Symbol' and uncheck 'Line'. Then my graph should have symbols, not lines? However my graph shows lines. It's only when I zoom it to a quite detailed level that the lines disappear and the symbols appear.

How to get rid of this annoying behaviour and get only symbols when I want only symbols?

Thanks, D.

See attached files for example and screen shots.

9 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Weird.  Have you contacted QlikTech support about this?  May be a bug?

Not applicable
Author

Hi, we have the same problem. It changes from symbol to lines if you have more than 100 values on your x-axis...

No idea how you can change that...

Not applicable
Author

I have contacted tech support and I am waiting for their answer. I'll let you know what they find.

Not applicable
Author

Have you tried changing this section? Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Yes I tried, but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Not applicable
Author

I don't think it's a generic solution but you could go to:

Settings >> User Preferences >> select the tab "Objects" and put in a higher number at "Max Symbols in Chart"

So atleast for you as a user it should be fixed, but I think if someone else opens it he has to do this aswell.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you. That is just the solution I was looking for. Perfect. Would never have found on my own. Thanks again.

Not applicable
Author

Hi..

The symbol is not visible in the local system, but once deployed on the server and when I am accessing it using full browser version of access point, the User Preferences settings is again changed to the old one, i.e. 100 symbols.

What changes can be done, so that it will be reflected in the access point also.

Thanks,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot,

I also has issue with symbols changing to lines and this fixed it.