cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linking charts with listboxes

Hi,

I have 4 dropdowns and 2 charts.

i want the 1st chart to be linked with all the 4 dropdowns which is happening now (default qlikview property). but the chalalnge is that i want the 2nd chart to be linked only with 3rd and 4th listboxes. if i use alternate states then it will break linking of the 1st chart.

hope i was clear enough.

Thnaks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if i understood your requirement correctly, then you were missing set analysis on some of your aggregation functions you used in your expression. take a look at the attachment and see if this is what you were hoping to accomplish.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
yura_ratu
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Yousuf

You should use Set analysis for 2nd chart expressions. Like {<3rdField=,4thField=>}  where 3rdField and 4thField are names of the fields from your listboxes

Not applicable
Author

hi,

i tried that..but its still not reflecting.....i believe i am misssing something v minor. Can you please check the attachement. its one chart and it should not be linked to 1st listbox (quarter)

many thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

if i understood your requirement correctly, then you were missing set analysis on some of your aggregation functions you used in your expression. take a look at the attachment and see if this is what you were hoping to accomplish.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

and here is your original file. you need to use the set analysis to ignore the required fields in each of the aggregation function in each of your expression in the chart.

Not applicable
Author

thanks a ton..