Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hoowling
Contributor III
Contributor III

Linking two tables - data missing

Hi community, 

I am new to qlikview and need help with an issue that I have been struggling with. 
I want to link two tables containing actual and budgeted sales for a given period, product family, business unit and currency. 

I created a key based on these dimensions between the actual and budget tables and expected to get the result indicated below. The problem is that since no items where sold of the bottom two rows in the expected results table (indicated in red) those keys are not created (i.e. they don't exist), so the budget numbers have nothing to match against. 

The result is that the budget figures in red below does not appear in the resulting table and the total budget is to low - 390 instead of 595...
Any suggestions on can structure the script so that data for unsold but budgeted sales is presented? 

P.s. except for the key, the dimensions between the actual and budget tables does not share name - i.e. no synthetic keys are created (by using qualify * on the budget table). 

//Hoowling

Capture3.PNG

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I've made a sample for you.

image.png

PS In the future when posting questions like this, please attach data sample as text/excel/qvw  and not as picture.  It will be much easier for the community to help with an relevant example when the data is easily available. DS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Hence you are qualifying the budget dimensions you do not have any association to your BU, Currency, Product or YearMonth for your missing rows.

Consider the alternative solution, concatenating the data into one single table.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I've made a sample for you.

image.png

PS In the future when posting questions like this, please attach data sample as text/excel/qvw  and not as picture.  It will be much easier for the community to help with an relevant example when the data is easily available. DS

Hoowling
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Worked perfectly, thanks! 

Will make sure to attach data for future questions. 

//Hoowling