Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Box 0 or 1 Selection, Triggers and Access Point

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to QlikView and I'm loving it, but I'm starting to find some quirks.  Yesterday I comb through the community looking for help setting up a feature in my list box options that will allow the user to choose either 0 or 1 selections.  They can't choose more than one, but they don't have to select any either.  I found this great post: list box - how to force to choose only one value.     Once my application is completed, I will be deploying using AccessPoint and I want the application to work in both IE and Chrome.

First I built a macro using ohn Witherspoon's solution and it worked great, except not in Chrome which was my first surprise.   So then I tried NMiller Neil Millers trigger solution which also worked perfectly but it doesn't look like it is working in Chrome either.    Unless I can't find the exact page in the Reference manual on triggers, I thought this would work. 

Again, I'm trying to get my list box to allow for a 0 or 1 prompt choice selection.  I when to Document Properties => Triggers => Choose "Field Event Triggers",  Selected my Field, Added OnSelect Action for "Select In Field" then added the following Search String =SubField(GetFieldSelections(Publisher), ',', 1) .    

Please help! How can I get the list box to choose 0 or 1 selections working in both IE or Chrome?  Look at the Reference Manual 81.2 "Logical operations such as clearing or selecting in fields" will normally work.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi - I was able to figure this out - of course after I hit sent on this, but I wanted to offer some additional detail because I know I'm not the only newbie out there that ran into this.

If you are going to deploy your application through Access Point and you want your application to work on any browser, then you are not able to use macros (hopefully this is fixed/added in next version hint hint).

Choosing a On Selection Trigger through document properties will work in Chrome and IE the same way.