cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

List Box values change based on selection

Hi Qlik heads,

can you advise me on the below issue?, Issue is I have a table with Group and KPI as fields.

LOAD * Inline [

Group
CL
ED
HV
IE
SB
];
Join
A:
LOAD * Inline [
KPI
To
From
Country
];

whenever I open the application it should show KPIs "From" and "Country" with default selection as From and all the groups. then when I select "CL" in the list of groups,  KPI should show "To" and "country" and the group "CL".

Ideally, when I select groups other than "CL", KPI should show From and Country,  if the group is "CL" it should show "To" and "Country" , if the previous selection in KPI is "From", upon selection of "CL" group it should show "To" if it is country there shouldn't be any change in KPI selection.

PFA for the sample data.

tresesco‌;stalwar1;swuehl

Many thanks in advance!!!

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Agreed with your comment sunny, but that was the requirement, hence, I am trying to get that . come to your solution. When I select group "CL" and Country "To" I am not able to select it

Thanks for your time!!

sunny_talwar

Check now

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bingo!! , its working.

Thank you sunny

Also, Can you let me know how did you restrict list box to show always two values, I have checked the "Triggers" but I didn't get what you did to restrict to 2 values.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

May be this

=Getselectedcount(fieldname) = 2

in general properties -> calculation condition

sunny_talwar

Added two list boxes and conditionally hide and show them. Also, used an expression to show two values....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your inputs and time Sunny. have a great day!!