cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

List box - Hide field / Create drop down selection

Hello,

Looking for some help with a list box.  I am trying to restrict several values from appearing in the list box, while also creating a drop down selector vs. your typical selection box.  With the first requirement, I tried to use the following code:

=

aggr(only({<[GROUP/RETAIL]-={'UNK', 'INVOL'}>}[GROUP/RETAIL]),[GROUP/RETAIL])

with the folowing result:

LISTBOX.png

Looking for some help to properly exclude the values.

For the second requirement, I would like to show only 2 or 3 of the choices, with a drop down arrow if possible to bring up all the other choices.  I am trying to do this for a state list box as well if possible.

Thank you for all help as always

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can simulate a dropdown by using a multibox with just one field displayed.

For that one field, click Expression on the General tab of the multi box and enter an expression to the effect of:

If(WildMatch([GROUP/RETAIL], 'UNK', 'INVOL')=0, [GROUP/RETAIL])

(There may be a more elegant expression to use - this just off the cuff)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

With that code , which values exactly do you want to show ?    Everything but UNK and INVOL ?  I'm not clear.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can simulate a dropdown by using a multibox with just one field displayed.

For that one field, click Expression on the General tab of the multi box and enter an expression to the effect of:

If(WildMatch([GROUP/RETAIL], 'UNK', 'INVOL')=0, [GROUP/RETAIL])

(There may be a more elegant expression to use - this just off the cuff)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

blackmon and Jonathan,

That definitely helped and got me one step closer.  Is there a way to hide the the Group retail row, and also the selection part on the side? I think it would like really clean if I could just show the Source drop down.  I looked up hide suffix or prefix but I am not sure on the syntax.

LISTBOX.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was able to take out Group/Retail.  But I was wondering if I could take out the selection box to the right of Source.  Just not sure of the syntax if there is a way.

Also, it seems like this may be good to select through tabs in the document.  Is there any type of code for that?

Thank you for all the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't know that you can completely hide the selection. Checking the grid style checkbox on the multibox Presentation tab will make it more concise though.

You can change tabs by adding a trigger. Settings-->Document Properties-->Triggers tab. In Field Event Trigger, select desired field. Click Add Actions-->Add.Select Layout under Action Type and Activate Sheet under Action. Click OK then put your sheet name in the Sheet ID box.

You can also enter a formula if different values take you to different sheets. Or add a trigger to set a variable with the sheet name and use dollar sign expansion to populate the Sheet ID field. There are myriad ways to go about this really.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Blackmon,

Thanks for the help.  Each step worked.