Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List box and Container > Grid questions

Using V11 Personal / Trial

In a list box, I have found that sometimes, the current selection is turning white below the bounds of the object - in other words, I select one list box, and I expect to see three or four items in listbox #2 turn white and float to the top.

They do turn white, but I have to scroll through the entire list to see them. This happens occasionally, and they only way I have found to fix this is to delete the list box and add a new one. Then this new one works fine - all the related items are at the top of the box and they are white.

Any thoughts on what causes this?

Then if I insert a container and turn it to a grid (NEW SHEET OBJECT > CONTAINER > PRESNETATION TYPE > GRID) and change it to 3x3.

Then I place three objects in it.

Ooops, I now want to place another object at position 1,1.

I cannot. There is plenty of room for the new object, but I cannot insert it. If I delete the object at 1,1, the others slide in, and I still can't insert anything.

I have to remove all the objects and start completely over.

Am I missing something here? Any way to insert an object like this?

Thanks for any tips.

Rick

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

First create container with grid 2x2. Then add 2x2 container into 3x3 container at place 1,1.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for reply, but that does not seem to work.

Is there no way to re-arrange / insert objects within container / grid object?

Not applicable
Author

You can use

IF(GetSelectedCount(TYPE)=1, CODE)

for your first question for list box. Help link http://community.qlik.com/message/202829#202829