Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List box dates

Hi All

The cells under a column of mine Excel file shows dates as follows: "December 2016 Final".

When creating a date listbox in Excel the same format is being used > How am I able to change the appearance more like below image?

////////////////////////

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hope this helps

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be do this

Load Year(Fields) as Year, Month(Fields) as Month;

Load Fields from Table;

Can you create List box and then change these options on presentation tab. If still it shows 2 columns you can drag to the right.

Capture.PNG

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

So let me make it a bit more clear.

My excel shows dates as follows: "December 2016 Final" (this is one cell)

I am trying to make QV read the first word as Month, second word as Year and ignore the last word.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hope this helps

Capture.PNG

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Meron,

Try this,

LOAD

Date(Date#(Subfield(Field_Name,' ',1),'MMM'),'MMM') as Month,

Date(Date#(Subfield(Field_Name,' ', 2),'YYYY'),'YYYY') as Year

FROM

Excel Source;

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anil, Can you please remove the files or change the naming of the file.

Thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I done my Job