Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

List of users having access to the dashboards

Is there a possibility that we can create a dashboard showing the list of users having access to each dashboard. Any ideas how to go about it. We would like to give the developers access to the dashboard via access point instead of going through QMC to view the list of users having access to the dashboards. Thanks!

6 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

I guess Governance Dashboard is what you looking for?
Though it will have all details not just particular users or apps.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/governance-dashboard/2.0/Content/Getting-Started-with-the-Governance-Das...

OR if it is just Users and their apps then you can create your own data and represent in front end. Also you can provide security by using section access based on NTNAME.

And to access the qvw, you can place your file in a server shared location and give only those users access to that folder/qvw.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Governance dashboard gives me who accessed what dashboard but I'm looking for the list of users having access to all the dashboard. Does governance dashboard covers that?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

I don't know how to do that...
I'd rather create my own static data sheet and use it to show the users and their dashboard usage.

and if a user is deleted or losse access to a dashboard I'll update it in my xl sheet to reflect same in front end.
You can check the Governance Dashboard script, maybe you can find something dynamic in it?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You should download that, And use that index of primary at the QVW file. And then, It goes to be default there Governance can capture of indexes with All format what we required. Download and look how does that work

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi Arun,

refer below steps,

Governance dashboard configuration steps

Below UsageAnalyzer_v3 app is very useful for usage tracking (using this app we can show list of users having access to each dashboard)

New utility to monitor QlikView Server usage

Hops this helps you

Regards,

Deva

samuli_attido
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

You can use the QVPR analysis tool to create lists of application distribute task recipients - among other things. Very useful:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Analyze-your-QVPR-and-Server-Task-Structure/ta-p/14...