Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

Listbox expression and search functionality not working

I have a listbox and use an expression to pull the data

aggr(only ({<Paneuropean={'Ford','Fiat','GEMB', 'Santander', 'Toyota'}>}Paneuropean),Paneuropean)

However, when I select the search button to look for these entries, they do not appear in the search field.

The rest of my app links to these but just the search field in the listbox doesn't.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, the list box values will appear if you complete the search (exact match)

Santander

or if you use a wildcard search

San*

edit: if you change the default search mode in list box properties to 'Use wildcard search', then you just can start typing

View solution in original post

10 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Can't reproduce this behaviour. With Seach button, you are referring to the search bar in the header of the list box?

Could you upload a small sample QVW that demonstrates your issue?

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, I am referring to the search bar in the header.

I will try to create a dummy application.

Anonymous
Not applicable

try this only:

only ({<Paneuropean={'Ford','Fiat','GEMB', 'Santander', 'Toyota'}>} Paneuropean)

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Find attached an example.

Paneuropean has a number of entries but in my listbox expression, I have limited to show only what I need.

Now if I select the Search functionality in the header of this listbox and try to do a search, it comes up empty.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This didn't work.

However, I have attached a dummy application if you need to look at what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks

himanshi
Contributor III
Contributor III

hii,

you can try this. In settings - document properties go to presentation tab and use wildcard search.

Regards,

Himanshi

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ok, the list box values will appear if you complete the search (exact match)

Santander

or if you use a wildcard search

San*

edit: if you change the default search mode in list box properties to 'Use wildcard search', then you just can start typing

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

With any other search functionality, you can do a full search and don't to need to use wildcards.

Is there a way around this or because I am using an expression, I am limiting myself to typing in the full completed search?

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

May be, You can change the 'Normal Search' to Wildcard Search..

Document Properties -> Presentation Tab -> Default Search Mode -> Use WildCard Search