Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Listbox with IF locked

Hi everyone,

I'm using listboxes for my calendar year field.

I needed to add an IF and use an expression inside the listboxes to filter on certain values.

With that IF and as soon as I select a value, my listbox are locked and I can't remove that value with selecting it again on the listbox, the only way to deselect the value is to use the DELETE button (the one that deletes all the values from all the fields) and that's not really what I need...

Maybe be it is a common behavior but it's the first time I see this...

Is there a solution to solve this problem ? something to add on the expression ?

Thank you

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No, Because When I did, I had similar problem.

So the best way is to create such filters in script than on frontend.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Best way is to create that as added filter in script.

Anyways, what is the expression (If Statement) you wrote?

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Kaushik,

thank you,

the expression is like this: if(flag=value, year)

is it a common behaviour ? 

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes,

In your case the behavior is expected, because your selection is driven by flag field.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

I've created a test app with flag,year,measure structure and listbox with an IF like described above, and I can select and deselect year values without any issue.. so maybe there is something missing on your explanations ?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No, Because When I did, I had similar problem.

So the best way is to create such filters in script than on frontend.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion
Author

ok, thank you 

Bradleey
Contributor
Contributor

I have a listbox whose listrange is set via vba. Upon opening the workbook, the list is set fine; however, when you click on it, no items can be selected, nor can you scroll the list krogerfeedback.com