Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listbox with a column with multiple choices

Hi!

I am fairly new with Qlikview, so my question might be simple ...

I have a list box contaning the months (field LIST_MONTH), January, February, etc.

I have a column called MonthsValue, that could contains one month, or many months , like "March,September,October", Comma separated. What would be the expression to be able to get the list of the selected months ...

Test-Month.png

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

And that is exactly why I didn't touch your Fact table... It is retained as is and without any duplication of rows. Any duplication done is within the BridgeTable... which should not really have a huge negative impact... only change is that I would add DISTINCT to the BridgeTable Load

BridgeTable:

LOAD DISTINCT MonthsValue,

SubField(MonthsValue, ',') as LIST_MONTH

Resident Fact;

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

I would suggest doing this in the script...

Fact:

LOAD MonthsValue,

From ....;

BridgeTable:

LOAD MonthsValue,

Resident Fact;

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

Try this:

Concat(DISTINCT LIST_MONTH,',')

Good luck

YB

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would like to retain the fact that I have one row per Type ...

sunny_talwar

And that is exactly why I didn't touch your Fact table... It is retained as is and without any duplication of rows. Any duplication done is within the BridgeTable... which should not really have a huge negative impact... only change is that I would add DISTINCT to the BridgeTable Load

BridgeTable:

LOAD DISTINCT MonthsValue,

Resident Fact;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks , works like a charm... I am amazed .. still a lot to learn in Qlikview ...