Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Load User-Specific Data for Dashboard Rendering

Hello,

I want to show user-specific results in Qlikview whenever the dashboard is opened and refreshed by different users once deployed on the server. What I mean is that all graphs in dashboard are in the same format, but the data values differ by users.

The intuitive way seems to add a filter based on the user ID, for example, the value stored in OSUser() or a string explicitly given by the user from a text input box in Qlik dash, and use this variable as a filter in the data loading script. For example, put it in the where clause in the SQL script, something like "where user_id = $OSUser() " or "where user_id = $some_variable_stored_the_user_string". However, in our server test, I cannot figure out a way to set this user id variable to communicate to the back-end server.  If this is a feasible way, could anyone provide an example?

I was suggested to look into Section Access. But the problem there is that section access will load every user's data into Qlikview, which is not really necessary in my case. If I understand correctly, what the Section Access does is to perform a table join by the user ID key and then a filter/condition is performed to restrict the user's view to the graphs/ data. This means that the data loading process will become extremely slow if I have many data tables and many users, and the data grows proportionally with the number of users.

So given all these above, is there a way to gracefully handle user-specific data loading and visualization without loading all other irrelevant user's data from the back-end?

Thanks!

0 Replies