Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Load data based on a selection

Is it possible to load data based on selection made by the user in the front end?

For eg., if user selects a Protein then I'd want to load the data related to that protein from multiple databases.

So, initially only the data on the list of proteins will be available while other data will be expired. Once a protein is selected, the remaining data will be refreshed by loading them from outside.

Please let me know if this is possible.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, you can. If you notice the variable used in the sample qvw vNamesToBeReloaded take the input from the front end as per user selection and then same is using in the script. You can write many ways to achieve your requirement. One simple way could be like:

if $(vNamesToBeReloaded) =1 then

load * from <path1>;

elseif $(vNamesToBeReloaded) =2 then

load * from <path2>;

else

load * from <Ptah3>;

end if

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have a look at my attachment here: Re: Reload based on selection

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tresesco...

Is it possible to select which source to load? For e.g., if I have load from 5 different sources, and I want to reload only one of the source. Is that possible?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Yes, you can. If you notice the variable used in the sample qvw vNamesToBeReloaded take the input from the front end as per user selection and then same is using in the script. You can write many ways to achieve your requirement. One simple way could be like:

if $(vNamesToBeReloaded) =1 then

load * from <path1>;

elseif $(vNamesToBeReloaded) =2 then

load * from <path2>;

else

load * from <Ptah3>;

end if

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot. I see that we can write a piece of code in the load script. So is this where we make use of our VBA knowledge? Let me search on some material about scripting in QlikView.

Thanks again.