Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattdaubney
Contributor II
Contributor II

Load data, but run multiple at same time

Am sure this has been asked many times, but I can't see a solution.

I am loading many SQL tables into qvds.  My current way of working is load table a, then load table b, load table c etc.  However as each table is built in turn it is taking a long time to complete, eg table a is a second, table b takes 8 minutes, table c takes 10 minutes, therefore the whole load is taking 18 minutes and a second, but if I could run them together then I could get that time down to 10 minutes.

As I need to build the qvds nightly, I have set up a scheduled task in qlik qmc to do all of the builds and also refresh reports.  (I build data level qvd, then when complete it then builds the business layer qvd and then refreshes reports), this can take a long time to complete, but if I could build the longer running qvd in a smarter way, ie multiple together I could trim this time down considerably

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

What about creating multiple qvw files for each load and running them in parallel?

mattdaubney
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi.  Thanks for reply, I can see how I can create the different qvw, i.e. these load quickly, this one and this one take ages, so split them out, but how do I set them to run in parallel?  I need the QVMC to call the builds, so do I need to create a batch file and call it from the QVMC and when successful continue with build business layer.  (Apologies, it's all a steep learning curve regards this for me at moment.)

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You did not say if you have Publisher license or if you are using the basic Reload Engine as the reloading mechanism?  Basically, what you want to look into is the On Successful Completion of another task trigger to chain things together...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Documents_UserDocum...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Documents_SourceDoc...

First link relates to the Reload Engine, second is for Publisher, that should put you on the right track.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.