Did you mean: 
jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Load formatted data from Excel

Hi Qlik-ers!

I want to load a column from an excel file:

Sin título.png

it is a percentage, as you can see. When I load it into QlikView each row is loaded as 0.4 or 0.19 instead of 40% or 19%. This is because in Excel each row is actually a portion per 1 insted of a percentage but is is formatted as a percentage.

Is there a way to load in QlikView what you see in Excel instead of what it actually is?

NOTE: I can not format it in the script because I have to load lots of Excel in which this column is sometimes as described above but other times it as a portion per 1 or an integer between 0 and 100 and I always need to read the column as it is in Excel.

Thanks!

Jaime.

PS: I've already been asking (searching in) google and community but I didn't find an answer, sorry if it has been asked before!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikview cannot import formatting, only the data. I'm afraid what you want is not possible unless you add a column in your excel files that specifies which formatting Qlikview should apply. You could then check the content of that column when loading the data into Qlikview to apply the required formatting using the num() function.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikview cannot import formatting, only the data. I'm afraid what you want is not possible unless you add a column in your excel files that specifies which formatting Qlikview should apply. You could then check the content of that column when loading the data into Qlikview to apply the required formatting using the num() function.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert! Thanks for answering.

I'll do what you suggest or maybe I'll try to format the number properly with an Alt function in the script (seems I have no alternative!)

Bests,

Jaime.