Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Load from latest date's folder

Hi,

Our system generated reports every day, and then sends ot to a folder called "Einstein Reports".

If I open this folder there will be folders for every year, in such a folder will be folders for every month and in such a folder will be folders for every day.

So the last day of June will be        L:\Einstein Folders\2011\062011\30062011

And the next day will be                 L:\Einstein Folders\2011\072011\01072011

In many of my QV files I use the latest day's extracts. Usually I copy the files to my local drive and then use a FROM statement something like . Some files I concatenate daily and others I replace daily.

What I would like to know is how I can, in my FROM statement, automatically have the script look at the LATEST day's folder so I can just open and reload my QlikView apps without having to do anything manually.

Example:

Account Extract:     ***I replace this file every day

LOAD [1],

[2]

FROM

Transaction Extract:        ***I Concatenate every daily file

CONCATENATE LOAD [1],

[2],

FROM [

Thanks,

Gerhard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Create two variables which will store the latest month and current day.

Like this,

Let LMonth = Date(Today(),'MMYYYY');

Let LDay = Date(Today(),'DDMMYYYY');

Load [1],[2]

From

'L:\Einstein Reports\2011\'& $(LMonth)& '\'& $(LDay) &'\Daily_Transaction_Extract_*.txt'

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

You just need to define a parameter which you then use in the from:

Set Path = 'L:\Einstein Reports\2011\' & Year(tpday()) & month(today()) &' \' & Year(tpday()) & month(today()) & '\

Daily_Transaction_Extract_*.txt';

Load

[1],

[2]

FROM $('Path');

Regards,

Jonathan

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Create two variables which will store the latest month and current day.

Like this,

Let LMonth = Date(Today(),'MMYYYY');

Let LDay = Date(Today(),'DDMMYYYY');

Load [1],[2]

From

'L:\Einstein Reports\2011\'& $(LMonth)& '\'& $(LDay) &'\Daily_Transaction_Extract_*.txt'

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!