Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Locate Existing Data Files in QV

Hi all,

I'm very very new to Qlikview and have had very little experience with the product.

I'm trying to locate existing data files within Qlikview that are being provided from a Mainframe manufacturing system. These files are loaded into a Microsoft SQL 2000 database.

-     My question is where would I begin to search within the platform to locate these current files.

The mainframe files that are currently being loaded into QV will be changing format and I'm hoping to locate the current files in order to understand the impacts to the currently used data model once these new updated files will begin to be loaded into the database to ensure there is no disruption to the business process.

The Qlikview system I will be working with is running on a Windows 2003 server and Qlikview is using ODBC queries to access the SQL data. I have not had access to the system yet - I assume when I can see the actual platform and how it was created, things will become more apparent. But I've been trying to form approaches before this as well - any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all so much in advance for any advice you can offer!

1 Reply
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The Governance Dashboard provides some data lineage.

Its a free utility that you install on your desktop (or the server) and configure it to read a set of folders where your applications resides.

It parses through the applications (and server logs) to reveal usage and information about the applications and general environment.

One of the things it does is do a rough check of what data references are in each app... this might help you.