Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Location change in filelist but can not find root location. It is not the same in QMC.

Hi people,

For a client a have to manage a QlikView document which I did not create. My client is going to move a location where files are stored. My task is to change the location reference in the QlikView script. No problem.

Script:

Sub Dodir(Root)
for each Ext in '*.*'
for each File in filelist (Root & '\*.' & '$(Ext)')

ListOfFiles_Temp:
Load
Left(Mid('$(File)', index('$(File)','\', -2)+1), index(Mid('$(File)', index('$(File)','\', -2)+1), '\', 1)-1) as Folder,
'$(File)' as FullName
autogenerate 1

The outcome for field "FullName" is: \\sdc-filer-01\hgd$\Docs\PDF documenten\Verkoopfacturen\ and field "Folder" is "Verzonden".

The script generates a list with filenames. Ok, I understand that.

The filelist is created with Root and after a search this must be a root folder. If I look in the QMC then I see a different folder than \\sdc-filer-01\hgd$\Docs\PDF documenten\Verkoopfacturen\ . It's has a reference to D:\\QlikView.

How do I change Root that has it's reference to \\sdc-filer-01\hgd$\Docs\PDF documenten\Verkoopfacturen\?

I searched but I can not find such thing. Can somebody help me?

Kind regards,

Martijn Wanders

3 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Farther down in your script, there should be a Call DoDir command.

The parameter is the value for Root. so Call DoDir(What ever path you want to set)

mwanders
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi, thank you for your reply. I saw this below this script. I thought this was not for the ROOT but it is.
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Glad to help.
If any of the replies solved your problem, please mark as Correct.