cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II

Lock / Unlock fields not working in Webview

I have a report that I created a "subtab" within a tab.  It has a condition to switch to another sheet when you click on a link.  On the second "tab", I have sheet properties to lock certain fields and then unlock and clear the fields when I leave the sheet.  It works just fine until I use Webview and then the behavior seems to change and the fields stay locked.

On the "second" tab...I have triggers setup for OnActivate Sheet to select 3 fields and then lock those 3 fields. OnLeave Sheet, I have Unlock All and Clear All. 

On the "first" tab...I have triggers setup for OnActivate Sheet to Unlock All and Clear All.

Any suggestions as to what I can do differently?

19 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I think that in WebView the OnActivate sheet event triggers when you actually click a sheet tab, but not when you activate that sheet by another Action.

If you are switching sheets by clicking a button or text object with actions, you should be able to include the lock and unlock actions in the button.

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tried that too, but that doesn't seem to work either.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

It works in the Test attachment:

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

That's not quite what I am trying to do.  In your example, I am trying to lock the field, Test, to a value of 1 in Sheet1, but unlock and clear Test in Main.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Then just change the Action that I have on the Go to Main button.

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I can get it to work in your test.qvw, but I cannot get it to work in mine.  Maybe it has something to do with the way I have the Text object setup.  I have a variable I set to go back and forth from the sheet.Capture1.JPG

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Are you referring to the value of the variable in any later actions? That definitely will not work.

Without actually seeing your qvw, I doubt that I can offer any other suggestions.

cliff_clayman
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes, in the other sheet I reference it.  I unfortunately cannot provide a copy of the QVW as it is rather large and contains proprietary data.Capture1.JPG

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Referencing in the other sheet shouldn't be an issue. Referencing it later in the series of actions on the same button won't work.