Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II

Login failed for the user ad-corp\xyz

Hi,

I have scheduled some dashboards to run everyday. And all the dashboards are run through the service account ad-corp\xyz.

But today just one of the dashboards failed and the log showed the below error. Login failed.JPG

Another thing to notice here is that, the dashboard runs successfully when run manually, it only fails when it is run through the QMC. And though all other dashboards are run with the same service account, only this particular one fails and shows the above error.

The user that runs the QlikView services is test@ad.corp.

Any idea as to why?

Thanks.

Regards,

Deepti

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi all,

It looked like the password of the Service account was changed. I stopped and started the QlikView Services and run the dashboard through QMC and now its running fine.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Deepti

View solution in original post

5 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

do the other dashboards (with reload ok) connect to the same sql server database?

when you ran manually, do you run with the same account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

... And, are you using Windows authentication or SQL Server auth in the CONNECT statement?

deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Michael,

I am using Windows authentication in the connect statement. But I changed it to SQL Server authentication and run through the service account ad-corp\test, it runs successfully when run manually but shows the same error when run through QMC.

deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Massimo,

The other dashboards which run successfully point to the same database. But the service account that runs this particular dashboard (which fails through QMC, but runs successfully when run manually) is not being run with the same service account  ad-corp\test. It used Windows authentication.

I changed it and run both manually and through QMC and it runs successfully manually but fails again through QMC. .

Thanks.

Deepti

deepti_singh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi all,

It looked like the password of the Service account was changed. I stopped and started the QlikView Services and run the dashboard through QMC and now its running fine.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Deepti