Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vincentvanputten
Contributor
Contributor

Long loading of Dashboards on my Local PC (QV12)

Hello everyone, 

Sometimes i work directly on our Qlikview server and my dashboards show data within 5 seconds after opening them.

If i open the same dashboard on my local PC it takes up to 5 times longer.

I am using the Qlikview 12 client on both the server and my local PC.

I was wondering if this is more a CPU issue then a RAM issue.
Is qlikview CPU heavy or more RAM heavy?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Depending on the application the different CPU/RAM resources could have an impact but I assume in your case the network performance is probably more relevant.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Depending on the application the different CPU/RAM resources could have an impact but I assume in your case the network performance is probably more relevant.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Article which contains an attachment that should help better explain things I hope regarding the CPU and memory usage of things.  Marcus has a good point and there is one other thing that may be in play too, and that would be the file compression settings as having to compress/decompress is going to take time, but if the server side is not dealing with the compression, but your client is, that is going to be another delta too.  

QIX Engine CPU & Memory usage 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.