Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Looking for best practice programming conventions/procedures for developing documents in QV

We are new to QV, but have several developers that have good experience with other BI products. We anticipate that we may be sharing development activities between developers. As a minimum, a developer may need to work with a document created by another developer. We can save time if we use some best practice conventions/procedures/standards for writing scripts, expressions, and for design and development of QV documents.

Has anyone seen best practices documented anywhere? Has QT done this?

Thanks

Bill

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'd assume that the best practice would be to use a code versioning tool, one that forces you to check out a document to make updates, then check it back in before anyone else can check it out. Our shop plays more fast and loose because we rarely have more than one person working on a document at the same time, and when we do, we're just extra careful and communicate verbally. "Be careful" is hardly a best practice, though. I thought I heard rumor that QlikTech had recently bought a code versioning tool and might be expected to include it with future versions. If so, it was in some thread somewhere, but I don't remember which. I could be repeating blatant falsehoods for all I know.

Not applicable
Author

Thx John

Have such a tool from our EA work.

Bill