Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More
Highlighted
jag7777777
New Contributor III

Looping / selecting range in expression

Hi,

Upon start-up, I'm using actions to select various values - such as current year, last year etc.. so I can initialise our dashboard to show a year on year comparison.

I have a list box which contains week numbers - and due to not wanting to include incomplete weeks in our comparison - I'd like to select all weeks up to the previous week.

I've already created a data island in the script to get variables for current weeks, days, years etc... so using 'current week - 1' is fine to get the cut-off point. The tricky part is looping through from (week 1) to (current week - 1) as the selection.

If I could use a while loop it would be simple...or some sort of range logic like:

= 1 .. ([Current Week] -1)

Any help appreciated,

Regards,

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Looping / selecting range in expression

Search string, something like:

='('&Concat(DISTINCT if(Week<$(CurrentWeek),Week), '|')&')'

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sushil353
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

Can you post some sample data and the expression that u r using.

jag7777777
New Contributor III

Hi Sushil,

No sample data needed...?

It's a field called Week that contains numbers (1 to 53) - and there's a variable called Current Week.

I need to auto-select Weeks 1 to [Current Week] - 1. Pretty simple I know, but there's no looping syntax in the expression.

Cheers,

John

MVP
MVP

Search string, something like:

='('&Concat(DISTINCT if(Week<$(CurrentWeek),Week), '|')&')'

View solution in original post

jag7777777
New Contributor III

Almost there thanks tresesco....

This seems to miss the first week, but does get all the rest?

jag7777777
New Contributor III

Hi Tresesco,

This did work!

We wrote the same code again (from memory whilst on the train to London) in a copy of our UI qvw and it worked perfectly.

When we got back, we checked the code in the original UI qvw and it was the same - yet still didn't return the first week..?

Turns out QlivView was remembering our selection!!! So missing the first week had nothing to do with the syntax!

Anyway, a clear all and save - then re-open is something I'll never forget again!

Cheers Tresesco for the solution 🙂