Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VivenReddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

MOUSE OVER INFO IS NOT BEING DISPLAYED FOR SLIDER OBJECT IN VER 12.4

We are testing all apps in 12.4 SR2 as we are planning on migrating from 11.2 SR17 in the next month. In some apps we use slider objects and we do not display labels to save space. 

In Ver 11.2 when you hover over the slider the min and max values are displayed in a little yellow pop up window when using AJAX client.

The slider object does not show the little yellow pop up window with min and max values in Ver 12.4 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tsg
Employee
Employee

You are correct @Brett_Bleess , the functionality has changed. You now have to click on the slider object to see the pop-up, just hovering does not cause it to display. This change was done when we made the mouse and touch experience work in a similar way and since hoover isn't supported on touch screens that functionality was removed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just had another post along this very recently, the functionality has changed a bit to where you have to now click on the slider object to see the pop-up, just hovering does not cause it to display.  

I did find an open defect case, QV-20113, but it has yet to be picked up by the engineers.  I will add this Community post link to the case to see if the reporter will circle back to close things out by putting up a post once the engineers have reviewed things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
tsg
Employee
Employee

You are correct @Brett_Bleess , the functionality has changed. You now have to click on the slider object to see the pop-up, just hovering does not cause it to display. This change was done when we made the mouse and touch experience work in a similar way and since hoover isn't supported on touch screens that functionality was removed.

VivenReddy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

How do we get the functionality re-instated?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You are more than welcome to put up a post on the IDEAs area of Community, but given Tony's comments, it would need to get a lot of votes in order for them to reconsider the changes they have made.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.