cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Macro to select data from two separate table

Hi Friends,

It's been a long time.

I recently came up with one situation, that I had to use two different table to bring data into one chart and

those tables are not connected.

In table A I have a field called FACT_TYPE(renamed as FACT_TYPE_A) and in table B I have a FACT_TYPE(renamed as FACT_TYPE_B).

I have attached a sample application, could you please refer to that.

What I need is a macro code that will select FACT_TYPE value from both table. Otherwise I had to select manually from both tables.

Many a thanks beforehand,

Regards,

Bikash Debnath

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Everyone,

I tried to solve it this way. I have attached the solution with a sample qvw application.

But I still have another problem, when I do a selection, I am not able to get the Total Sum bar.

Can anyone please help me.

Thanks,

Bikash

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Quick and dirty answer:

sum(aggr(
if(B_FACT_TYPE='$(vCurrValue)', sum(B_PRICE), if(len(GetCurrentSelections(B_FACT_TYPE))=0, sum(B_PRICE)))
,B_PART_NO))

Now, why DID you rename your FACT_TYPE field in your two tables?  Why don't you want to connect them?

Also note that your approach only gives answers when no or a single A_FACT_TYPE are selected.  If you select more than one, it fails.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

Thanks for your prompt response.

The reason why I didn't join FACT_TYPE is because the other details(dimensions) doesn't contain related data.

Only the FACT_TYPE field values are same in both cases. Hence I need both FACT_TYPE only for selection purpose.

thanks,

Bikash Debnath