Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Make all rows in a straight table show regardless of selection?

Dear fellow Qliksters,

Newbie here. Have gone through the online training. In the progress of creating prototypes to train myself.

My question:

I'm hoping to use a straight table as the main selector on a sheet. This straight table has mini-charts/sparklines in it that serve as the guide to which row in the straight table a user would want to select. The selection then updates various other objects on the sheet that give more details on the row in question.

Currently the straight table behavior is such that only the selected row is visible after a selection has been made. My desire is to not have that happen, instead all the rows should remain so that the user still has the overview he/she gets from the mini charts associated with each row in the straight table. In essence this means that I'm hoping to make the straight table behave as a list box in its default setting, i.e. it shows which row is highlighted and which rows are excluded with colors, and the excluded rows do not disappear from view. Except, I'd be happy to live without the color coding on included or excluded rows, just having all the rows stay visible is key.

So far I gather that only the straight table supports mini-charts/sparklines, so I'm focusing on that.

I'm ready to dive into Macros, Set Analysis?, and all kinds of trickery. Curious to see what you experienced Qliksters suggest.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Well, looks like I made progress on my own. I found the following educational material on Set Analysis:

http://community.qlik.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/1867-102-1-1858/QlikLearn-Set-Analysis-Pre...

The first example showed how to have the underlying filter of the straight table take into account all elements in the dimension of interest regardless of selection, e.g. Sum ({1} Sales). I guess this is Set Analysis 101...

Nevertheless, I'd love to get additional suggestions and pointers. For example, can I go one step further and make the row that is selected have green backround color to indicate that it is selected (or whatever color I choose to indicate selection)?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Dadi,

You can use the detach option which will show all the values of the straight table neverthless of selections you made. Also you can select the values in the straight table itself.

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers,

Vinoth

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vinoth,

Your info did teach me something new, but unfortunately the mini-charts disappear from the straight table when I select "Detach".