Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abdul_mo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Many to many relationship in Qlik

hello everyone,

I am a new Qliker    and I have a general question.

let suppose we have two tables with a common field called Artikel (not a primary key in both tables).

if we load these tables in qlik sense/view, the qlik engine will link them using this common field.

do we have a calculation problem in this case, in which we have many to many relationship?

Regards.

5 Replies
Tanalex
Creator II
Creator II

Yes, Qlik will link on any column(s) with the same name.  If this is a true many to many relationship, you may need a bridge table to resolve to one to many.

Data Warehouse Design Techniques – Bridge Tables – NuWave Solutions

honeyasha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Abdul

You can use Link table if you have multiple fact table.

In Link table we have many to many relationship.

narayanamsn
Creator
Creator

Here is the reference for LINK table concept where you have multiple FACT tables...

http://www.qlikfix.com/2016/09/08/elegant-link-table-script/

abdul_mo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks Michael for your answer. that means we will stuck anyway in a calculation problem if we do not use a link table( bridge table). I thought or I would prefer that the qlik engine smart enough to discover this many to many relationship and take it  into account in calculation. 

Regards.

balabhaskarqlik

May be like this:

You can join the tables, calculate NEW FIELDS, after that if you want you can DROP the common fields from the tables.