Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Market Basket Analysis in QlikView

Does QlikView have the capabilities to do market basket or product affinity analysis as a stand alone tool?  If so, how can this be accomplished?

Regards.

Chris

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think you will find here many ideas and examples: https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=Market+basket

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Marcus, i have gone through some of the examples shown.  They do not represent what Market Basket Analysis is.  For example the what is shown is only confined to two products only, MBA is much more than that, you also need to be able to determine some key statistics like LIFT etc.  In the example, you also have a basket of the same products which is wrong.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Balraj for the interesting links.

As pointed out by a community member and I quote:

"As far as I know, this frequent itemsets data mining is not (yet) implemented straight forward in QlikView, as there is no function to get support and confidence for itemsets combinations."

Examples provided do not reflect market basket analysis in its true sense.  I will have to rely on other tools for this.

The Alteryx Designer with applicable tools does MBA and makes the results presentable in QV, but its not QV doing the MBA