Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Market Basket Analysis in R and QV integration

How can one do market basket analysis in R and view the results in QlikView?  I have gone through some example on QV integration with R but they are not detailed enough for a novice to follow neither do they cover market basket analysis.

I understand there are two approaches:

1. "The business user selects some data and QV sends this selected data to an R server, the server processes the data and performs the analysis and returns the data to QV and shows the data to the user (requires a R connector???)
  2. The R environment loads the data, performs analysis and stores original data with the analysis.  QV loads the data and the analysis and shows it to the business user,

your input will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Chris

6 Replies
avinashelite

R is an analytics tool which will help you to predict the future sales analysis ....and QV is use as the visualizing tool on top of that ..if you want to predict the future than you need have the current data and based on the you need to predict the future data : this job will be done by the R tool ...currently QV does't have the capabilities to forecast the future so you need to prepare the data using R and once the data is read QV will act on top of that ..

Answers

1.Yes you need to install the R tool in your machine

2.Yes ...QV will not prepare that data ..once the data is ready form R it will help the end users to analysis the same

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Many thanks Avinash. I have R on my machine and i have carried out Market Basket analysis using R and Microsoft SQL Server as my data source.  What i now need is to present the results in QV.  This where i need some assistance.

Regards.

Chris

Not applicable
Author

Hi Christopher,

You need to:

1) Install R on your machine

2) Install statconnDCOM (connector R<->QlikView)

3) Create a macro in QlikView to pass in R the training data, execute R algoritm, read the R output and reload the dashboard with the predicted data.

Marco

avinashelite

Try like this : Export your data from the R to csv or other file format which is readable by Qlikview and then using this data build the charts as required

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marco

Where can i get statconnDCOM?  Do you have a practical example of a macro in QV to pass training data to R, execute R algorithm and reading the output  and reloading with data in QV?

Regards

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Many thanks, let me work on it and will advise of results.

Regards