Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Master/Canonical Calendar & Calendar Object

Hello,

I have two different date fields. I am trying to use a Master/Canonical Calendar to show date range in Calendar Object (StartDate, EndDate).

I created the attached QVW sample base on Rob's  Linking to two or more dates sample.

I can connect the "Date" field from Master Calendar to StartDate/EndDate Calendar Object. However, the result is incorrect. Because the "Date" field need to be used with "DateType" field. I need to add "DateType" to differentiate "OrderDate" and "ShipDate".

I tried to add =if(DateType = 'Order',Date)  into "Variable Event Triggers". But then my calendar object cannot work. I also tried to add the code =if (DateType = 'Order',min({1}Date)) into Calendar Object. But it doesn't work as well.

Can anyone who is familiar with this issue let me know how can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Becky

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

I am still not positive I understand the issue. Can you may be explain with some examples?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Please see the attached sample QVW file.

Remember I was also asking about the alternate state? What I did in this sample shows Order info and Shipment info seperately controlled by states and master calendar.  For the Order Tab, I only want to show info related to Order. Same to Shipment Tab.

I am trying to do it use the "Date" field to achieve my goal, instead of using "OrderDate" and "ShipDate" two date fields. Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

Becky

Not applicable
Author

I think I may know how to do it...