Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Match Condition in Expression of List Box, Table, Straight Table or Pivot table

Hello,

I have uploaded all the data using the Load Script.Now i have tried adding expression to the List Value, Table or Pivot Table.When i enter the Match condition in the Expression, the value donot filter. Can you please help.

An example:

I have Loaded CSV file having Deptno,DNAME and DLOC using the load script.now on the sheet i added List and on the expression, i added

=Match(Deptno,10).

The List value should show me only 10 but it doesnt. The same is the case if i used the expression in Straight Table, Table Box or PIVOT Table.

How do i filter the values using the above objects.

Please help.

Regards,
Paul

4 Replies
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

What is the data format for Deptno in your load script? If that's num() -> what you written so far should work

If Deptno is a text() - then you will have to pass the value accordingly as string value -> match(Deptno, '10').

If you didn't define the format during the load script, it's probably taking the source data format. But it might be worth assigning num() or text() manually.

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Maybe try something similar to the example below:

sc1.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you but it is not working.

here i explain. I have uploaded all the data using the load script.on the main sheet i added a listbox and  Table box.

On the list box i have select the trade flag ='T'. Now the table box shows all the records which belong to  Trades.

i got the trade counts by each contract source. by adding an expression on the table box.

Here is the  screen shot

TableBox.PNG

The properties on Table box show as below

TableboxProperties.PNG

the expression for Filtering values based on DBTETY_LEID_L3_BK is  as below

Expression on Tablebox.PNG

The results doesnt show only values for 35976 but it shows all as below.

TableBox.PNG

Can someone please help

Regards,

Paul

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

In your expression you're passing the value of DBTETY_LEID_L3_BK as text (using '  ') where it looks like the format of that is number. That's the first thing.

What exactly you are trying to calculate? Do you want to have another count over the DBTETY_LEID_L3_BK = 35976? Maybe you can provide some sample data?