Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Matched Filter

Good morning!

I have an application where the user wants to know the list of Codes that are linked to a Prime Code, but he will search and filter by the Code itself.
A manual solution would be, after it performs the filter by Code, to filter the corresponding Prime and then clear the initial filter to have the complete list.

Example:
User filters code 414800:
1.png

Now he filters the corresponding Prime Code:
2.png

Finally, he clears the Code filter. Now he has the complete list of Codes that are related to the Prime Code of the initial Code that was searched:
3.png

I would like this process to be done naturally after the user searches for a Code.

I thought of creating a Chain ID for each Prime and dualizing, but I don't see a way to relate this directly to the filter, because it will always look for a Code, never the Prime Code.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Adding a measure with the set modifiers that I suggest could emulate the required behavior.

This measure counts records but you could replace it with a more meaningful one using the same set modifiers.

Sum({<[Ecode] =, [Ecode Prime] = P([Ecode Prime])>} 1)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Adding a measure with the set modifiers that I suggest could emulate the required behavior.

This measure counts records but you could replace it with a more meaningful one using the same set modifiers.

Sum({<[Ecode] =, [Ecode Prime] = P([Ecode Prime])>} 1)

View solution in original post