cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matching part of a string of text

Hi

I have product code numbers and product descriptions in a table in Qlikview.  In an excel spreadsheet somebody inputs the product code from a debit note issued by a customer.  The reliability of the product number on the debit note is not good and there is often either the first number, last number or both missing.  I want to look up the number input onto the spreadsheet with the product code numbers in qlikview to return the product description.  I need the numbers to match as in the table below

ProdNoDebitNoteProd

Is the wildmatch function the right solution?

Thanks

A

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adrian.

Yes wildmatch would work best for you here just make sure to include the * at the start and end of your input

Joe

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps you're looking for the Mapping with Wildcards recipe from Recipes | Qlikview Cookbook

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Yes It should work fine

if (WildMatch(01377301    ,'*0137730*'),'True','False')

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Use

=If(SubStringCount(ProdNo,DebitNoteProd)  > 0,...

in Script or Front End

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

None of these conditions will match for missing digits in the middle of the field...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Hi

You will get false matches if your strings are in a sequence

DebitNoteProd ='*0137730*'

ProdNo

'01377301'

'01377302'

'01377303'

HTH

Sasi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This looks promising except that it seems to work the other way round. In your example the part-codes have the description attached but I have the full codes with descriptions and I want to find part-codes in that list and give it a description.

Confused

A

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

As said before, you will not get correct answers using substringcount or wildmatcch in your scenario