Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ameygosavi
Contributor
Contributor

Max value from group

Hello,

I am very new to Qlikview and I wanted some help to get the maximum value from various groups in a list. 

I have attached a snapshot of the expected output.

There are 3 dimensions, a, b, c. There are more than one values for each of them. I would like to create another column which would take the maximum values for a,b,c and throw the output in a table   

I really appreciate the help.

intendedop.PNG 

Labels (4)
5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Intended output

=max(total <Dimension> [Actual Value])

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You want to do this in script or UI? Perhaps this

Max(TOTAL <Dimension> [Actual Value])

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ameygosavi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you so much for responding to my post but here's what I get. 

The output should be ideally replacing the low values with maximum values for each category.

intendedop2.PNG

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

These answers assume that a field named 'Dimension' is actually a dimension. If dimension is an expression, then it will be harder to do this. I suggest that you upload a small sample qvw with a representative set of data (does not have to be real, but should be structured like the real data) and the table with which you want help.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ameygosavi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Unfortunately, the data is very confidential. I did come up with a workaround for my problem using the expression you suggested and also wrote a couple of other expressions to get the job done. 

Thank you so much though