Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspe
Creator II
Creator II

Maximize QlikView on start-up

Hi,

Everytime I start Qlikview, it starts in a "non" maximized window which is quite annoying. Even though I maximize it and close it down etc., it start in this small window again next time I start it.

The same goes for the Help screen. If I clikc on Help somewhere in Qlikview it start in a tiny little window whic I have to maximize or re-size before I can use it.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Regards

Steen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Also you could config the properties from link:

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this

cd <your qlikview directory>

start   /max qv.exe  <your path>\<your document.qvw>"

Hope it helps you

marcus_sommer

Also you could config the properties from link:

- Marcus

sspe
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. It works, but I find it a bit cumbersome that I have to do it this way. Why can't it just work like most other windows programs....

I still have the issue with the Help that also only starts up in a very small window, so if any one have some tips here I'm all ears.

Regards

Steen

sspe
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the tip. Honestly I didn't think about checking this myself..:-).

Regards

Steen

marcus_sommer

The same (open per link) worked with the Help. Unfortunately it don't work to replace the original chm-file through the link-file (which then opened the original - in explorer it worked) within qv. I assume that qv (security) checked some values/properties from the file, but perhaps someone had ideas for a workaround ...

- Marcus

marcus_sommer

Another idea: chm-files are not qv specific, it is a windows feature/program and many other programs use this, too. Thereby it could be possible to change the settings in windows, I assume somewhere in the registry.

- Marcus