Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements
Modernize Your QlikView Deployment webinar, Nov. 3rd. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Maximize QlikView on start-up

Hi,

Everytime I start Qlikview, it starts in a "non" maximized window which is quite annoying. Even though I maximize it and close it down etc., it start in this small window again next time I start it.

The same goes for the Help screen. If I clikc on Help somewhere in Qlikview it start in a tiny little window whic I have to maximize or re-size before I can use it.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Regards

Steen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Also you could config the properties from link:

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Try this

cd <your qlikview directory>

start   /max qv.exe  <your path>\<your document.qvw>"

Hope it helps you

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Also you could config the properties from link:

- Marcus

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. It works, but I find it a bit cumbersome that I have to do it this way. Why can't it just work like most other windows programs....

I still have the issue with the Help that also only starts up in a very small window, so if any one have some tips here I'm all ears.

Regards

Steen

Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the tip. Honestly I didn't think about checking this myself..:-).

Regards

Steen

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

The same (open per link) worked with the Help. Unfortunately it don't work to replace the original chm-file through the link-file (which then opened the original - in explorer it worked) within qv. I assume that qv (security) checked some values/properties from the file, but perhaps someone had ideas for a workaround ...

- Marcus

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Another idea: chm-files are not qv specific, it is a windows feature/program and many other programs use this, too. Thereby it could be possible to change the settings in windows, I assume somewhere in the registry.

- Marcus