Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Mean instead of total

Hi, how can I do to have the "mean" instead of the total at the end of columns of a pivot table ?

Thank you all,

Roby

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Edit the pivot table and go to Expressions tab. There, at the section Total Mode there are three options: "No Total", "Expression Total" and another with default "Sum of Rows". You have to select the third one and change "Sum" for the operation you want.

If no one of the options shown fits your requirements, you can always create a new expression for calculating the mean.

Not applicable
Author

I can't change the selection in in section "Total Mode" . . . (sorry for my english)

Not applicable
Author

U have to change ur Chart to Straight Table if u want 'Total Mode' Selection.

Not applicable
Author

I explain my problem, I have some customers with a lot of value and I want the mean for each of these . . . The pivot table give me the total but non the mean, instead of the Straight Table give the mean of all customers . . .

yasus
Contributor III
Contributor III

Have you tried the avg()-function instead of the sum()-function yet?

Not applicable
Author

In the pivot table I can't write avg(), I don't no why . . .

yasus
Contributor III
Contributor III

Use the upload function here in the board in order to provide us a sample file of your application.

By the way: Have you accomplished the qlikview tutorial yet? That will answer a lot of beginners questions.