Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nictheswede
Contributor II
Contributor II

Median of 6 weeks rolling

This is my first post and i´m a beginner så bear with me

I´m using the following code to calculate the sum of sales for the 6 weeks prior to the selected week but i need to know the median of the sales, how can I use the code to accomplish that? (I´m also not sure weather to use "only(Week) or min(Week) and max(Week)").

sum({<Week={">=$(=only(Week)-6)<=$(=only(Week)-1)"}>}Sales)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nictheswede
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for all your input!

I used your expression, Sunny, but I added the set in median aswell, otherwise it wouldn´t work.

Median({<Week={">=$(=min(Week)-6)<=$(=max(Week)-1)"}>}Aggr(Sum({<Week={">=$(=min(Week)-6)<=$(=max(Week)-1)"}>}Sales), Week))

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use the median function instead of the sum function if you want to calculate the median amount.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
nictheswede
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ok, I´ve tried to change sum for median but it won´t work the way it suppose to, is there somthing I´m missing?

I have the following values:

WeekSales

If I change sum for median and select week 10, I get 22 but the right answer should be 89.

median({<Week={">=$(=only(Week)-6)<=$(=only(Week)-1)"}>}Sales)

vikasdesai
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Friend

Please use Following Expression,

Median({<DateField={">=$(=Weekstart(max(DateField),-5))<=$(=max(DateField))"},Year=,Month=>} Sales)

Regards

Vikas

sunny_talwar

Or may be this where you sum each week and then find the median from those weeks

Median(Aggr(Sum({<Week={">=$(=only(Week)-6)<=$(=only(Week)-1)"}>}Sales), Week))

sunny_talwar

Try this may be

Median(Aggr(Sum({<Week={">=$(=only(Week)-6)<=$(=only(Week)-1)"}>}Sales), Week))

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sounds like you don't want the median of the sales, but the median of the last six weekly sums of sales. It that's what you want then try stalwar1‌‌ expression

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
nictheswede
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for all your input!

I used your expression, Sunny, but I added the set in median aswell, otherwise it wouldn´t work.

Median({<Week={">=$(=min(Week)-6)<=$(=max(Week)-1)"}>}Aggr(Sum({<Week={">=$(=min(Week)-6)<=$(=max(Week)-1)"}>}Sales), Week))

sunny_talwar

Good decision....