Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Merging rows + adding new column

Hi all,

Thanks to the help of a few forum members I have been able to build a Qlikview dashboard based on data from our administration and several external feedback reports. However, linking the data to the appropriate feedback is not always possible via my key value (identifier). Therefore, I need to create an identifier, using the product of the nominal values of the position that I am after. Each position has two nominals (near leg and far leg of the trade).

I cannot share my data due to its confidential nature. However, for the sake of clarity, I have made an illustrative table that would describe my situation.

Trade Data:

Trade Number      Nominal         Trade Date                

4230                    50398,12          12-04-2015              

4230                    70956,32          12-04-2015

4256                    30457,67          14-04-2013    

4256                    48589,02          14-04-2013

Feedback Report:

Identifier                           Nominal 1          Nominal 2     Trade Date     Status

N/A                                   50398,12          70956,32       12-04-2015          Pending

N/A                                   30457,67          48589,02       14-04-2013          Matched

What I would actually like is to

1) Merge the rows of each position so that one row is left for each position. All data except for the nominal is the same. Therefore, I would want to use the data of the first row that is encountered and add a column (nominal 2) containing the nominal of the second line. This code should be leading to a table that would look like the data of the feedback report, meaning that one row per Trade Number remains, containing both nominals.

2) After that it would be easy to create an identifier that should be unique by loading a new variable which is the product of both nominals + the trade date + maturity date, which is likely to be a unique identifier. I can then use that identifier to link the trades to the positions in the feedback report that do not contain an identifier (our trade number).

Number 1 is where I am currently stuck, if I get that fixed number 2 should be a no-brainer. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be something like this:

Table:

LOAD [Trade Date],

FirstValue(Nominal) as Nominal1,

[Trade Date]&FirstValue(Nominal) as Check

Resident PreviousTable

Group By [Trade Date];

Join (Table)

LOAD [Trade Date],

Nominal as Nominal2

Resident PreviousTable

Where not Exist(Check, [Trade Date]&Nominal);

Drop Field Check;

gladi-cz
Creator
Creator

Hi Martijin,

may be help you  CROSSTABLE command in script. Could you share your qvf file?

sunny_talwar

Did not know that this was QlikSense question. May or may not work.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Sure, please see the attached file.