Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Migration (Machine) and Upgradation of QlikView Server

Hi there, all Qlik Techies..

One of our client wants to change the machine for QlikView Server. and since they are using the old version of QlikView Server (11.2 SR12) so they are also interested to upgrade the version (to QlikView 12 SR2) as well.

They are using Only QlikView Server with some reload tasks, NO PUBLISHER.

Right now they are using QlikView Server on Windows Server 2008 R2 and they are planning to move for Windows Server 2012.

Anyone who have gone through with this or have some knowledge on how to do this activity, then kindly share the details or steps.

The objective is to Migrate to new machine and Upgrade QlikView version with the Tasks and Licenses assigned to the users.

Any help would be appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am sharing the steps with screenshots that I have followed various times for QlikView Server from one machine to another.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ashfaq_haseeb‌ Please have a look and share your valuable feedback and experience.

Thanks in advance

UI

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This is clean and straight forward migration.

Make sure your don't License Qlikview Server on both machine.

Your tasks and all can be migrated or you can create from scratch.

Hope it helps.

Regards

ASHFAQ

umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your quick response.

Are below steps correct for this situation or there is a need to look in some of the config files??

• Installation of QlikView Server on other machine
  • Stop all services
  • Replace (Copy/Paste) Backup of QlikTech folder
  • Restart all services
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Umer,

Note:-Always only 1 machine need to Up with same license if you used in both machines

(Means 12235455xxx is my license number in old qv server  license if you installed new qv server software in your new machine you need to DOWN the old machine/stop the 5 services in Old machine and activate that old qv server license in new machine.

Step 1:Take the screen shots with all documents and Assigned cals to that .

Step 2:-Take a backup of all QV related folders into new machine (QVDs,QVWs,CSV files used as source into qvws,Paths mentioned ODBC/OLDB connetions...etc)

Step 3:- Better to take IT team/network team help

Step4:- take a note on   QV server path,Folders which are Brow-sable and which are not brow sable,Scheduling the Jobs and timings & Dependents jobs scheduling.

umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am sharing the steps with screenshots that I have followed various times for QlikView Server from one machine to another.

Not applicable

This really helped a lot! Thank you!