Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing data between 2 charts Puzzle

Hi Guys

I have 2 tree maps,

One is based on the demensions   Activity = 'Customer Service'

Type of Query

Expression is [Type of Query ] = calculation is if(Activity='Customer Service',sum(Number))

This works perfectly,

The 2nd Tree map was Cloned from this one and basically it is looking at cycle times,

Demensions are the same,

based on the demensions   Activity = 'Customer Service'

Type of Query

Expression is [Time to complete ] = calculation is if(Activity='Customer Service',sum(Number)*[Time to complete])/60

This also works perfectly, at least it was , I have noticed that one activity in particular is not reporting correctly, on the first Chart it is numerical value of 13,610 ( which is correct) I would expect to see it on the second chart with a value of 58, its is not.

Now in saying that this QV doc is pulled from numerous Excel sheets and this particular field is only common the 3 particular Areas, once I drill into those areas on the list box function the correct data comes up. But without the drill down it is not calculated as part of the total.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

A

I only have a personal edition QV license so not sure I can post a sample  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Remove the calculated dimension from both chart.

Use below expression in respective charts.

=(sum({$<Activity = {"*Customer Service*"}>}Number)*sum({$<Activity = {"*Customer Service*"}>}distinct [Time to complete]))/60

=sum({$<Activity = {"*Customer Service*"}>}Number)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I don't think it's so easy to identify this problem with the description.

We may not be able to send you a solution, but you can share a sample with the community.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich

See attached ( Ive made a sample ), the query is on Auto Confirmations,

When nothing is selected in list box Customer service has 1088 Auto Confimations, we would expect Customer Service to have 4.71 ( which is 1088 mulitplied by 26 divided by 60)

It has nothing.

If I select Mark and then BBI for Branch it displays correctly as 4.71 , Do you know why it wouldnt be accounting that 4.71 as part of the total unless the selections have occured ?

Thanks

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Here is an example, Have a look at this.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hey Kaushik,

I still only have personal edition ( Awaiting licenses and stuff) Any chance you'd be able to talk me through any discrepencies you have found please ?

Thanks

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Remove the calculated dimension from both chart.

Use below expression in respective charts.

=(sum({$<Activity = {"*Customer Service*"}>}Number)*sum({$<Activity = {"*Customer Service*"}>}distinct [Time to complete]))/60

=sum({$<Activity = {"*Customer Service*"}>}Number)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Kaushik

Works perfect

A