Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Model Breakdown - application failing to respond to filter selections

I have an application which is now not responding to filter selections.  It could be a breakdown in my model.  Please see attached QV App and assist.

Regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, fair enough. Your data model does not relate the dimension DimProduct correctly to Product. Add fields from both tables in one table box object and include the Check and NDANumber fields. You'll see that the table box won't contain any rows where all the fields have values. There are no Check values in the DimProduct table that have a matching NDANumber value in the Product table. And that's not suprising since you use two different ways to calculate the Check values:

FDAPlatformsfGrowth:

AutoNumberHash128(ATCLevelOneCode&ATCLevelTwoCode&ATCLevelThreeCode) as Check;

DimProduct:

AutoNumberHash128(ATCLevelOneCode&ATCLevelTwoCode&ATCLevelThreeCode&ATCLevelFourCode) as Check

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Please don't clutter this site with duplicate discussions: Application not responding to a "From: "To:" date selections

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert

Your posting refers.  You might think these are duplicate discussions, these are not, i have posted them differently as one part of the application is relating to date selections and the other to non-date selections.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, fair enough. Your data model does not relate the dimension DimProduct correctly to Product. Add fields from both tables in one table box object and include the Check and NDANumber fields. You'll see that the table box won't contain any rows where all the fields have values. There are no Check values in the DimProduct table that have a matching NDANumber value in the Product table. And that's not suprising since you use two different ways to calculate the Check values:

FDAPlatformsfGrowth:

AutoNumberHash128(ATCLevelOneCode&ATCLevelTwoCode&ATCLevelThreeCode) as Check;

DimProduct:

AutoNumberHash128(ATCLevelOneCode&ATCLevelTwoCode&ATCLevelThreeCode&ATCLevelFourCode) as Check

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Many thanks Gysbert, i was failing to locate this mistake