Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Modifying the colors of the data values displayed on the lines

Hi,

I have plotted a sparkline graph whose colors are imposed by QV. I want to change the colors of the data values displayed on the lines.

At present, out of 5 lines, 3 have the same color as one of the Y axes and 2 the same one as the other Y axis (double scale on the Y axes) according to the choices made in “Axes of the expression” and "left" or "right" in the "Position" ("Axes" tab). Of course, only 2 colors could be applied to the Y axes out of 5 selections corresponding to the 5 expressions.

In spite of multiple attempts, in particular through the options of the “Expressions” (“Text color” - > “Definition” - > “Edit expression” - > “Paste” - > “Parameters” - > “Font”…), and after reading many messages on the forum which seem to apply to other cases, I can't modify the colors of of the data values on the lines. It even happens that after such selections, the line disappears from the graph.

How can I modify the colors of the data values displayed on the lines ?

Regards.

14 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi,

Try like this

Expresion->test color->

=if(Sum(RentDayCounter) = 4, Blue(), if(Sum(RentDayCounter) = 6, red(), if(Sum(RentDayCounter) = 41, Yellow(), Green())))

Hope it helps..

If you not achieve your requirement, please post sample file.. that help to achieve it

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I suppose « RentDayCounter » stands for « name of the column/field ». But there is no addition of my data. And what do the figures « 4 », « 6 », « 41 », represent ? Calculation results ?

Could it then become =if (NameOfTheField) = InstantiatedNameOfTheFieldA, Blue(), if (NameOfTheField) = InstantiatedNameOfTheFieldB, red(), if(NameOfTheField) = InstantiatedNameOfTheFieldC, Yellow(), Green() ) ?

Regards

MayilVahanan

HI,

Yes, suppose you've four values in NameoftheField means, for example,

=if (NameOfTheField) = 'A', Blue(), if (NameOfTheField) = 'B', red(), if(NameOfTheField) = 'C', Yellow(), Green() )

Gives different text color..

Can you post a sample file?

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again but where should i insert this phrase (tab « Expressions », « Axes »....) ?

And is there the bold bracket at the end ?

MayilVahanan

Hi,

Properties->Expression->Click:"+" sign.Choose text color and give expression..And use Text Format gives ='<B>' That helps for bold..

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

tried this

if (NameOfTheField) = "NameOfTheFiedA", red()

but I suppose the program does not recognize (NameOfTheField) anyway.

I also tried this: "NameOfTheFied", int Red ([alpha=255]).

In both cases, the figures on the line were removed.

MayilVahanan

HI,

For example.     

Load * inline

[

NameOf TheField

A

B

C

D

];

Then, Use like this

Properties->Expression->Click:"+" sign.Choose text color and give expression..And use Text Format gives ='<B>' That helps for bold..

=if (NameOfTheField) = 'A', Blue(), if (NameOfTheField) = 'B', red(), if(NameOfTheField) = 'C', Yellow(), Green() )

Can you post a sample for it?

Hope it helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for this new answer. It's very nice of you.

However, I am a bit uneasy about all the fieldnames within the same pair of brackets in the loading script. Is this the same as a pair of brackets for each field ?

I can't try it now but do you understand why the series of figures on the line disappear after I have entered a phrase like the former ones in the « Definition » box after selecting « Expressions » -> ....« Text color »... ?

MayilVahanan

Hi,

Try like below attached .

Hope it helps