Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

More to QV Personal Edition but where?

Hi all, As it's obvious I'm new to QV but already a fan of this great application, I've been searching high and low for information that interests me but have come to a conclusion that I need the full blown package (QVS) in order to try the things that excite me most.

I understand and agree that the free edition shouldn't have all the smarts but when I read the discussions and blogs, I can't help myself from wishing I had access to most of these features.

Also as a Developer and BA the features I'd like to check out are:

API

Automation

Extensions

Integration

Properties

SDK

WorkBench - VS

HTML components

Do I need to purchase a licence to access these features?

Also is Qlik Sence a side product of QV? It seems to be developed for the non technical user.

Thanks

JC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Jamie

The Qlik product is fully functioning you don't need to purchase to access the report building functionality its only when it comes to deployment you will you need to consider licensing and server options dependent on your user community and environment.

QlikView is canned BI e.g. A developer/analyst builds the data model and dashboard/charts for users to consume they can filter and drill down into the data but cannot change the document.  It's the more mature product with lots of advanced. Features and functionality.

Qlik Sense is new and is aimed at the users themselves to create the document so bypassing the need for IT to build the document.  The front end is different from QlikView being responsive to the viewport of the device you are logging in as.

THis is a new product which will roll out new features over time.  How similar or different it will be to QlikView we will have to see over time.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I'd like to start experimenting straight away then. From what I read, to install workbench you need to install the SDK first, however the SDK is now a web reference not MSI. How is Workbench now installed?

I can't see the extensions I installed on QlikView  menu/navigation, have I done something wrong?

Links will be great.

I've watched the movies etc. time to put it into practice.

I have QlikView PE v11

Thanks again,

JC

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

http://community.qlik.com/thread/132931?q=Workbench

This should help you get started.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mate!